Social media are one of the most popular places where people like to spend their time on the web. As a result, social media are rich with diverse data you can use for different purposes. The data can reveal, if your social media strategy is working and where some adjustments need to be made. One of the most popular purposes is to optimize content marketing based on it. This article will discuss how to optimize content marketing based on social media data analytics.
Why are social media data analytics important?
To effectively promote brands and services on social media, you need to monitor the effectiveness of your work and promptly respond to changes in the mood of the target audience, their reactions, brand perception, etc. With social media data analytics, you can:
- Search for optimal customer insights. With the help of social media data analytics, the primary customer needs are identified. For this purpose, comments, reviews, etc., are studied.
- Evaluate advertising campaigns. This task is aimed at properly building communication between the company and customers.
- Analyze brand. Constant monitoring allows tracking all the outbursts of negativity and leveling out crises promptly.
- Select opinion leaders. By tracking the number of reposts and activity on social media, you can identify users whose opinions are considered by the target audience. Consequently, you can try to build a dialogue with such people for the company's benefit.
Social media data analytics is beneficial and allows you to accurately adjust content marketing based on the current situation.
How is social media data analyzed?
To analyze social media data, it needs to be collected. This, you can do with a SaaS like quintly. Such SaaS services connect to social media with APIs, collect data, analyze it, and then present it in a convenient form.
Quintly is a social media tool for data analytics and reporting with a user-friendly interface. The dashboard is customizable based on more than 500 metrics. All analytical information can be displayed in two views: graphical and numerical. This is very convenient. Saving reports is possible in different formats: Excel, PDF, and CSV. With quintly, you can:
- Collect and store data from all social media accounts
- Conduct business strategy analysis and get competitor insights
- Load link clicks
- Assess the involvement and activity of the target audience on the social media account
- Create your own dashboards with data from collected analytics
- Create custom metrics
How to Optimize Your Content Marketing based on social media data analytics
Social media is a good data source, and it is crucial to work effectively with it. Many companies choose social media data analytics as a growth marketing tool. Below we will discuss how to optimize your content marketing based on social media data analytics.
Choose the best influencers for your promotion based on information stream analysis
With social media data analytics, you can identify opinion leaders in social networks, manage media campaigns, and evaluate the attitude of users to specific information. With social media data analytics, you can:
- Search for the most active creators
- Search for influencers that have a significant amount of engagement
- Search for creators that serve as a bridge between communities
One of the essential tasks in your social media data analysis is to find the most important (from different points of view) creators in social media. For this purpose, you can use different types of metrics:
- Degree centrality (important is the one who has many friends; useful for identifying opinion leaders)
- Closeness centrality (how close a participant is to all others in the network; most often used in the search for influence groups and "grey cardinals")
- Betweenness centrality (the number of shortest routes passing through the participant; how often information passes through this person in the community).
Based on this data, you can find the best influencers for your brand that will bring you amazing results after promotion.
For example, you need to find an influencer to promote your brands’ product. Using social media data analytics, you can find the best opinion leaders in your niche and book their services. As a result, you will not waste time and money on ineffective influencers.
Change your tonality based on sentiment analysis
Social media data analytics allows estimating the attitude of users to particular information (object, person, event, etc.). With social media data analytics, you can:
- Evaluate the emotional coloring of messages
- Select named entities and evaluate their sentiment
Based on this data, you can promptly update your sentiment in content to meet the target audience's requirements. In case of an emergency, this data will allow you to turn to an essay writer on time for writing content according to new requirements. This helps to avoid negative emotions.
For example, some event has occurred in the country or in the world, and all your competitors are showing their attitude to it. You also feel a need to show it, while not harming your brand. For this purpose, you can use social media data analytics, assess the emotional coloring of your audience’s messages, and post content according to it without harming your brand.
Change your content plan based on topic analysis
Social media data analytics allow you to identify the topics most popular in the community and most often discussed (at a particular time). With social media data analytics, you are able to:
- Model topics
- Evaluate the emotional sentiment of topics
- Identify the entities associated with the topic
Based on this data, you can change your content plan to provide your target audience with engaging content on social media.
For example, you have a content plan for a cosmetics brand for the next 10 days. But you understand that you must post trending content to get the most out of your audience on social media. Using social media data analytics, you discovered that people are looking for reviews about a specific product of your brand. Based on this you adjust your content plan and create content about this product that brings your brand awesome feedback.
Find creators based on image analysis
Social media data analytics allow you to identify what type of photo content is posted by different users. With social media data analytics, you can:
- Determine the type of object in the photo
- Determine the type of location in the photo
- Determine people's emotions
- Conduct verification and identification (to match the person found in the physical location with his profile in the social network)
If the task is aimed at the level of analysis of a specific person, there are such directions:
- Personalization of offers
- Social network structure analysis
- Content analysis of a person on a social networK
The personalization of offers allows you to provide the content that is most relevant to your users. With social media data analytics, you can collect and enrich the information about the user, cluster and segment users, classify users based on a certain model, and personify the provision of information.
For example, you want to find people that have made photos in your restaurant and posted them but didn’t tag your account. With social media data analytics, you are able to find these people and could offer them something in exchange for tagging.
If you are promoting your business on social media, be sure to analyze the effectiveness of your work. Otherwise, you risk missing important things that can lead to unwanted results. Social media data analytics help you communicate effectively with your consumers. This has always been and remains the primary condition for success. You should listen to your customers because they are an inexhaustible source of helpful information for the painless functioning and success of the brand.